A typical kitchen consists of many things. Usually, we prefer a well-stocked cooking area that has modern gadgets like a refrigerator, microwave oven, and water dispenser. Moreover, the cabinet and drawers need to be of high-quality as well. As we prefer an aesthetic look, we try to make the most of it. The kitchen countertops have to be not only polished but also functional enough to be used daily. However, when we are looking for the renovation of the kitchen, there is no detail we can spare.
If you are searching for an approach to improve the prominence of your kitchen, you will have to renovate it. When you can only hold a single project, improvement of countertops in your kitchen is a great way to go. Irrespective of your budget, you can afford to neat up your kitchen’s countertops, making your kitchen more beautiful and functional.
New countertops are an easy upgrading with the help of any professional. You have a lot of options for freshening up your kitchen’s tops. Today’s most popular countertop materials come in a vast collection of designs, sizes, and prices. This means you can give your kitchen a dramatic renovation without breaking the bank.
The collection of material that can be used for kitchen countertops is incredibly diverse, and some elements may be surprising to you. Every material has pros and cons, all of which need to be weighed when choosing a renovation option. For many homeowners, the more practical options will include elements such as Quartz, solid surface material, slab granite, traditional laminates, and ceramic tile.
Laminate countertop is made from a thin layer of plastic laminate material merged to a medium density fiberboard. Laminated are mass-produced by a lot of manufacturers with hundreds of style and color choices exist. It is amongst the most adaptable and affordable countertop selections. With a massive collection of materials, Laminate, which is easiest to install, and it is a good option for people on tight budgets. Laminate is sold in $15 to $25 per square foot installed.
- They are one of the most affordable selections.
- Laminate countertop’s installation is a stress-free DIY project when you install pre-fabricated countertop sections
- Fantastic variety is possible if you build a countertop from scratch using designer laminates with thousands of colors and patterns available.
- Laminates are considered cheap or cut-rate by some home buyers, and this may be a drawback when you try to sell your home.
- Laminates can burn, blemish, and peel up easily.
- Laminate countertops can feel lightweight compared to other materials.
Ceramic Tile countertops are manufacture from clay-based tiles stick over a cement board core by using thin-set mortar pastes. For kitchen countertops, cement layers make tile a less than ideal countertop material, but new ceramic and china tiles are available in large sizes. It can help decrease the number of joints and make for easier maintenance.
Some benefits of using Ceramic Tile are its durability and easy to clean nature, and you can also place hot pans on its surface. Ceramic Tile can range from $30 to $50 and up installed. Ceramic Tile is a good selection for people who are seeking to save money.
- Ceramic Tiles are affordable.
- Ceramic tiles are relatively easy to install.
- Ceramic Tile is non-porous.
- Modern Ceramic Tile is offering vast design option such as natural wood, real stone, and many other materials.
- Filling layers are easily damaged and hard to clean.
- Ceramic Tile is delicate and prone to cracking.
- Repairing is complicated and required full replacement of damaged tiles
Natural stone is the popular selection for a kitchen countertop. The most common choice is a countertop made from a granite slab. Starting life as an extracted slab of natural stone, granite countertops are fabricated to requirements and installed by professional crews such as Asasa Kitchens which provide services of a kitchen renovation.
Granite Slab is available in many colors and unbelievable patterns, ranging from blacks and dark reds to blues and browns. Granite Slab is ranging from $75 to $250 per square foot installed.
- Granite Slab makes very durable and heavy countertops.
- Granite Slab tends to increase the home real estate values.
- Granite Slab is an expensive material.
- Granite Slab requires periodic sealing to protect it from tints.
Modular Granite is a cost-effective selection for homeowners or those who want the cost savings of installing granite themselves. Its resides in a place halfway between Granite tiles and solid slabs. Modular granite can be defined as big tiles pieced together to form a countertop. It is still weighty, sectional pieces are lighter than slabs, making them a decent option for homeowners. It is delivered in fabricated parts dispatched in boxes. Modular granite countertops can range between $10 to $40 per square foot.
- It is easy to set up by the homeowner. The tricky part is lifting the slabs around.
- Modular Granite is cheaper by granite countertop standards.
- Modular Granite will have some joint s and will not appear like hard slabs.
- It can be thinner than solid slabs and can be broken or cracked.
A perfect choice for homeowners who require granite is to make a countertop from granite tiles. It is small, sustainable tiles that look like ceramic tiles and are installed with thin-set pastes to a core of cement board. It also cost from $70 to $200 per square foot installed.
- It offers a degree of status.
- A homeowner can install granite Tile easily.
- It is inexpensive and most comfortable granite choice.
- Granite Tiles are thinner than slabs and more liable to cracking and breaking.
- It’s filling joints can be tainted and are challenging to clean.
Marble is another natural stone choice that is high in demand for the countertop. It also has some limitations that should be known in kitchen applications. Its unique look and lined patterns are one of the most attractive of all-natural stones. It is available in more than one form, such as solid slabs, marble tiles, and modular marble. It costs from $40 to $100 per square foot.
- It has natural veins that makes it more beautiful of all-natural stones.
- Every marble slab has different veins, which make marble countertop unique.
- It is permeable and can easily be marked.
- Marble is scratched without any difficulty by kitchen utensils.
- It is expensive for large spans.
It is used for countertops for many years. Soapstone has a milky and warm look that allows it to complement design features without crushing them. It is found in many tones of grays and whites and lies between marble and granite in terms of hardness. Soapstone costs $70 to $120 per square foot.
- It has warm and milky look due to the high amount of talc in the stone.
- Soapstone gives a traditional look to kitchens.
- It is relatively easy to clean.
- It is expensive and cost more than granite.
- Soapstone countertops should be oiled to maintain their coating.
- Soapstone colors are limited.
Slate is also a type of natural stone which is usually found in countertops which are extracted straight from the earth, cut into slabs and surface-grinded to a matte finish. It is an excellent material for countertops because Slate is non-permeable and resists tints. Slate is available in many more colors such as dark gray, black, green or pink. It also has some delicate veining, which is less than marble. Slate costs $77 to $100 per square foot.
- It repels bacteria as well.
- Slate is a hard and durable stone for countertops.
- It is less expensive than marble, soapstone or granite.
- It does not have a matte texture that is not suitable for some kitchen applications.
- Slate is available in limited colors than other materials.
It is a humanmade material which is manufactured as an alternative to stone and specially designed to look like granite and other natural stone. Solid surface is made by a mixture of synthetic acrylic and polyester materials with a small amount of natural stone dust. It can be converted into one-piece units with sinks combined into the countertop. Solid surface countertops can cost from $50 to $120 per square foot.
- It is more affordable than other engineered quartz and natural stones.
- Solid Surface gives a worthy replication of quartz and granite.
- Scratches can be rubbed with fine sandpaper.
- It is available in hundreds of patterns and colors.
- It is susceptible to scratching.
- As compared to high-quality material, Solid surface is seen as the cheapest substitute to engineered stone.
It is one of the trendy and most prominent manmade countertop materials. Quartz is manufactured with pulverized waste rock plus gums for rigidity and binding. It is not a hard slab of quartz material but an engineered product. A lot of quartz have antibacterial agents added. Quartz is rapidly capturing the Solid Surface material market as a substantial alternative to natural stones. Quartz countertops are ranging between $50 to $60 per square foot.
- Quartz countertops are very beautiful due to the presence of quartz crystals and other minerals.
- It is highly wanted for creating a high resale value in a home.
- Quartz is available in many styles and colors.
- It is very durable than other countertop materials.
- It is extremely heavy.
- Quartz is quite expensive than other natural materials.
- It is installed only by licensed experts such as Asasa Kitchens.
Concrete countertops are a rare selection. It is typically fabricated and poured on-site by specialist staff who makes forms to match the space. It can be textured, colored, and polished to a shiny glow. Concrete countertops range between $65 to $165 per square foot.
- It is a great conversation; anyone who is visiting your home will comment on them.
- Concrete can be molded to fit any size and shape.
- It is very weighty and demanding special bracing.
- Concrete countertops are costly and wanting the work of custom artisans.
Deciding by choosing a material for your kitchen countertop. Both in terms of cost and practical function of your kitchen. High-quality countertop materials are an essential part of a kitchen remodeling budget. A well-selected countertop makes your kitchen more comfortable to maintain and more valuable, and it also assists as a vital design element of your kitchen.